Tameside & Glossop Partnership Engagement Network (PEN)
The Partnership Engagement Network (PEN) was established jointly by Tameside & Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust (ICFT), Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council (TMBC) and NHS Tameside and Glossop Clinical Commissioning Group (T&GCCG)
Set up in the autumn of 2017 the Partnership Engagement Network (PEN) is part of a multi-agency approach to provide the public and our partners with an identified and structured method to influence the work of public services and to proactively feed in issues and ideas. The key principles of the Partnership Engagement Network (PEN) are to:
- Engage in an ongoing conversation with the public, patients and other stakeholders
- Reach across the whole of the public and community sectors so that engagement doesn’t happen in organisational silos
- Begin discussions early, enabling the public, patients and other stakeholders to be part of designing solutions.
- The approach ensures that structures exist to have ongoing conversation with the public, patients and other stakeholder. This creates forums for people and organisations to get their voices heard and give the opportunity to hear about and contribute to the development of public services. The Partnership Engagement Network (PEN) operates across two tiers:
- Strategic – engagement on approach, principles, cross-cutting issues and direction of travel. Provides a space to identify and join up key themes emerging from operational engagement activity.
- Operational – engagement on service plans, new and developing models, emerging ideas and commissioning approach. Operational engagement takes place at both the thematic (service based), and/or neighbourhood (place based) level.Insert PEN Diagram (as a large image, not a link to a PDF) - uploadedThe Partnership Engagement Network (PEN) identified a desire across organisations, groups and the public and patient representatives for a shared Tameside and Glossop Engagement Strategy.
A task and finish working group was established which drafted and agreed the strategy. Find out more about the Tameside and Glossop Engagement Strategy here
Although established and facilitated by the three organisations the Partnership Engagement Network (PEN) is a place for all public sector organisations, voluntary and community sector groups and public and patient groups to come together from across Tameside and Glossop. If you want to be added to the Partnership Engagement Network (PEN) database and be kept informed of upcoming activity including conferences and engagement or consultation work click on the button below and register your e-mail address: