Welcome to our Knowledge & Library Services
Our Resources & Services
Library Help Desk / Contact details
Library staff members are available to assist you in any way they can during the following times:
Monday to Thursday: 9.00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday: 9.00 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Library is not staffed during the weekends or on Bank Holidays.
Please note: Outside the staffed hours, the Library is accessible 24/7 to all staff. Please contact Security on 0161 922 6688.
Where we are located:
Ground floor, Education Centre, Werneth House, Fountain Street , Ashton-Under-Lyne, OL6 9RW
How to contact us:
- You can phone us on 0161 922 6662.
- Outside the staffed hours, you can leave us a message on our ansaphone and we will pick it upon our return the next working day.
- Alternatively, send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within two working days, unless your inquiry is marked urgent.
- If you use the Library out-of-hours, do feel free to leave us a message on the desk.
- We will be delighted to welcome any members who visit in person. However, we would appreciate a pre-visit phone call if possible,especially if you are coming for anything specific and/or might need assistance or support. This will enable us to ensure you do not have a wasted journey.
Study spaces / IT facilities
If you want to get away from your phone or computer or need somewhere quiet to think and to do your research, the Library is just the place for you!
- In the Library, we offer seating for about 10-16 people around two tables which would be suitable for small group work
- We also have 5 single desks for individual study in a quiet area of the library.
- In a separate room, we have 19 PCs which you can use on an individual, drop-in basis, for Internet access, e-learning or working on your reports. You don’t need to book a place in advance, but please note that on Wednesdays, the room is also used by Human Resources for recruitment procedures.
- A section of the IT suite can be partitioned off for small group training for staff. The room offers a white board and projection facilities. This facility does need to be booked in advance, but please contact the library help desk on x 6662 before scheduling any such activities, just in case...
Membership - Criteria, entitlements & expectations
Why should I join the Trust Library?
Because membership gives you:
Who can join?
See our Membership Criteria and Terms and conditions of membership
How do I join?
- To join the library, please complete our online Library membership form
- Your application will be processed within two working days, although you will be able to borrow items on the same day, if you visit the Library in person.
- You will be asked for some form of identification (preferably an NHS ID card) and your home address before being given a membership card. You will need this card to borrow any library resources.
What you can expect from us and what we expect from you!
View the KLS expectations document.
Meet the team
Policies & Plans
Other Library information