Intermediate Care - Tameside & Glossop
Welcome to the Stamford Unit for intermediate care. We offer an in-patient rehabilitation service to residents of Tameside and Glossop.
About Our Service
- We offer rehabilitation at our unit, which is based in Ashton-under-Lyne.
- We aim to get you back to independence and return home while recovering from illness, surgery or a fall.
- You may be transferred here following an admission to hospital or from your own home.
- For specific information relating to visiting at the Stamford Unit, including who to contact about receiving updates about your loved ones, please read the letter linked here
- Treatment is provided by a team of qualified nurses, occupational therapists, physiotherapists and support staff.
- Your treatment plan will be based on your individual needs and managed by the team.
- We have experience and expertise in rehabilitation of a wide range of medical conditions e.g. falls, amputees, diabetes, arthritis and other long term conditions such as Parkinson’s disease.
- We listen to your wishes and treat you with privacy and dignity.
- Your right to choose will be respected and we will provide you with advice and assistance to help you make informed decisions about your care.
How To Use The Service
To access the service, your hospital consultant, GP or other healthcare professional can refer you. You need to be a resident of Tameside and Glossop or be registered with a Tameside and Glossop GP. You need to be over 18 years of age.
During your stay you will be assessed by the team and a treatment plan will be devised with you based on your individual needs.
Discharge will be planned with you and your family. Any ongoing help or support that you need will be discussed and arranged prior to discharge.
Tel: 0161 922 6000
Family and friends are welcome to visit.
Visiting times are 2pm - 4pm and 6.30pm - 8pm.