Integrated Service for Children with Additional Needs - Tameside & Glossop
Welcome to the Integrated Service for Children with Additional Needs (ISCAN). We are an Integrated Service comprising of Health and Social Care staff who offer treatment and support to Children with a Disability and/or Complex Health Needs.
About Our Service
ISCAN is a community service and we work from a range of sites across Tameside and Glossop, including Rowan House, community clinics, special and mainstream schools and nurseries and home visits.
Our aim is to offer a co – ordinated, family focussed service for children with Additional Needs. Families are assessed initially using a CAF(Common Assessment Framework) to ensure all the families needs are identified. A Lead Professional is appointed where appropriate to coordinate care.
We provide a range of Nursing, Therapeutic, Behavioural and Social Care Interventions.
Our service consists of:
- HPC Registered Children’s Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists, some of whom are Bobath Trained.
- HPC Registered Speech and Language Therapists who are also dysphagia trained
- State Registered Childrens Complex Needs Nurses.
- HPC Registered Complex Needs Dietician.
- State Registered Child and Adolescent Behavioural Nurses.
- Portage workers, Nursery nurses and Therapy assistants who all work through play to help the children reach their developmental potential.
- Registered Social workers and Care co – ordinators
- Dedicated Support staff for Palliative care Packages at home.
- Autism Assessment Team and Clinical Psychologist.
- The Service has been recognised nationally and won the Child Health Section of the Nursing Times Award in 2009.
How To Use The Service
We provide a service for children from birth to 19 years, who live in Tameside and Glossop or are registered with a GP in this area. We are an open referral service and consider referrals from both families and professionals.
Before your visit
- You will receive a letter from the service with details of your appointment.
- It would be helpful if you have details of any other professionals involved with your child.
- Think about questions you would like to ask and also what are you , your families and your child’s main concerns.
During your visit
- We will work together with you to enable you to feel confident and competent to manage your child’s needs. A co – ordinated care plan will be developed.
After your visit
- Your child’s progress and targets set will be reviewed by the relevant professionals involved and care plan updated as needed.
- We may sign post to other services who will be able to offer support to you and your child.
- We can be contacted Monday – Friday 9 – 5pm on 0161 366 2050
Rowan House Reception 366 2050
Jubilee Gardens Reception 371 2060
Opening times Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm