Voluntary Services at Tameside Hospital
- Would you like to be a volunteer in a hospital?
- Are you thinking of studying to be a Nurse or a Doctor?
- Would you like to work in the NHS but have no experience?
- Would you like to make new friends?
- Can you spare 4 hours each week?
- Live in the Tameside and Glossop area?
if the answer to any of the questions above is yes and you meet the required standards to volunteer, then why not join us. Interested? Print off the application form.
Volunteers play a very important role in the NHS. Working in a range of settings and providing a variety of services alongside paid staff, volunteers are often a key part of patient services.
- We have over 300 volunteers from age 17 years onwards working within the Trust and you could be one of them.
- The Voluntary Services Department offers support, training (including Health and Safety issues) relevant to each role and travel expenses are reimbursed, so everyone can afford to volunteer.
The volunteers at Tameside and Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust help out by carrying out lots of different duties such as:
- Ward Duties
- Scooter mobility scheme - we have our scooters serviced by Concord Mobility www.concordmobility.co.uk
- Chaplaincy Escorts
- Guiders for Visually Impaired People
- Social activities with In-patients
- The Health Information Centre
- Hospital reception / "Meeters and Greeters"
- Host/Hostesses for Out-patients
Benefits of being a volunteer
For the volunteer, Voluntary work can provide:
- Something worthwhile to do
- A sense of belonging
- A sense of sharing
- A chance to feel valued
- A way of learning new skills, or activating old ones
- Personal development
- A useful experience towards a training course or career
- Help with career choice
For the patient/client, the volunteer can provide:
- Someone to talk to on an informal basis
- Flexibility and time
- A variety of skills and life experience
- A link with the local community
- Individual attention
- A "helping hand"
For the Hospital the volunteer can provide:
- An added dimension of care
- A quality service
- Link with the community
- Assist in public relations
List of useful Voluntary Organisations
Voluntary Services Contact Details
Voluntary Services Department
Tameside and Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust