Further restrictions on visiting from 25.03.2020
Following the Prime Minister’s announcement about the importance of everyone staying at home as much as possible, we are further restricting visitors to the hospital site. Patients should be advised that with immediate effect, we will not allow any visitors into our hospital or inpatient areas other than for the following exceptions:
- Maternity- one birth partner only as long as they are not displaying any symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Children’s Ward- one parent or guardian only. No other visitors or siblings.
- Neonatal Unit - one parent only. No other visitors or siblings.
- Accident and emergency- one person to accompany the patient only and no children as visitors. Please be aware that if you do bring more than one person with you our teams will ask additional visitors to leave unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- Outpatient and other appointments- If you come to the hospital for any other reason please don’t bring a visitor with you. If it is essential that you have a visitor with you please make sure that you only bring one person and that you do not bring any children.
In those circumstances where patients may be at the end of their lives, different visiting arrangements will apply, agreed with the nurse in charge. We are attempting to make arrangements for additional virtual technology to support our patients in maintaining contact with family and friends.