Health Information Centre
Welcome to the Health Information Centre
The Health Information Centre is located in the main entrance of the Hartshead South Building
- Tel: 0161 922 5332
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are open between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. Outside these hours you can leave a message on the telephone voicemail service, or you can email us. Please do not forget to leave your contact details so that we can answer your enquiry as soon as possible.
You can contact the Health Information Centre via a member of hospital staff, in person, by telephone on 0161 922 5332 or email email@example.com The centre is for patients, their carers and family members whether an inpatient, outpatient or patient of a GP. The office is open Monday to Friday and when closed you may leave a message on the telephone voicemail service or by email. Please do not forget to leave your contact details so that we can answer your enquiry as soon as possible.The Health Information Centre is a joint service between Tameside Council and Tameside Hospital.
What the Centre can do for you
The centre provides a free health information service which includes booklets on all key health conditions. We can provide you with the following information:-
- patient information leaflets;
- details of national and local support groups and health charities;
- a directory of services and support provided by Tameside Council for support after you leave hospital.
- Health information from national organisations, eg. Diabetes UK or the British Heart Foundation.
- Internet based information from trusted websites
- local self-help group contact details
- council information and signposting to other services, such as The Carers Centre, Adult Services or PALS.
Please visit our Useful Links section, which gives links to external information that may be of use. The sites listed provide quality information and advice on most diagnosed conditions.
Our Local Services sections will give you links to local organisations which can assist you with your health or social care needs.
We are unable to deal with enquiries on general enquires, appointments, test results or waiting lists. For that information please contact the relevant areas, the numbers are below:-
- General Enquiries - ring 0161 922 4676
- Appointments - ring 0161 922 6991
- Test results/waiting lists - ring the appropriate department or secretary.
The Tameside General Hospital Switchboard number is 0161 922 6000.
We are always looking of ways to improve our service. Please tell us what you think of us - the service in general, the website and anything else you may think of. This may be good or bad.
The following sites provide quality information and advice on most diagnosed conditions:-
- NHS Choices - Online 'front door' to the NHS providing information on services and health conditions
- Patient UK - Comprehensive health information as provided by GPs and Nurses to patients during consultations
- BBC Health Conditions - Index of illnesses and conditions and also details of useful organisations .
- Medical information for patients - Written by a UK GP.
- Net Doctor - health news and information webiste
- National Institute of Health & Clinical Excellence - for national guidelines on health promotion and treatment.
- Surgery Door - Comprehensive health information website
- Patient Opinion - enables patients to share their experiences of health care
- NICE Guidance - guidance published by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence on key health topics
Find Local Services
Here are links to local organisations which can assist you with your health or social care needs:-
Local Groups and Organisations - database of local groups and organisations provided by Tameside Libraries Information Service
- Tameside Council Libraries Home Page
- Tameside Adult Services
- Tameside Customer Services
- Tameside Welfare Rights - Free and confidential advice on welfare benefits.
- Tameside and Glossop Primary Care Trust Your local Primary Care Trust, for help with your local services.
- Tameside Council - Disability Services An A-Z of disability services available locally or nationally.