Welcome to Tameside Hospital
Tameside Hospital serves a community of 250,000 people across Tameside and Glossop.
As a busy Foundation Trust Hospital we provide a range of high quality elective, emergency and specialist services for adults and children.
Our mission is to work with colleagues, patients, carers and the wider public to ensure that at our Hospital, Everybody Matters.
Safety, Care, Respect, Communication and Learning are values and behaviours which underpin our actions and guide us through our improvement journey.
Duty of Candour, Patient Complaints, Concerns and Compliments
THE DUTY OF CANDOUR
The Duty of Candour is a legal duty for all health and social care organisations to inform and apologise to patients if there have been mistakes in their care and treatment that have led to significant harm.
Duty of Candour aims to help patients receive accurate and truthful information from health providers.
To meet the requirements of the regulation the Trust has to:
- Make sure it has an open and honest culture across and at all levels within its organisation.
- Tell patients in a timely manner when particular incidents have occurred.
- Provide in writing a truthful account of the incident and an explanation about the enquiries and investigations that organisation will carry out.
- Offer an apology in writing.
- Provide reasonable support to the person after the incident.
For more information the Duty of Candour - patient information leaflet can be found here
Pals, Complaints and Concerns
- During working hours (9 am - 5 pm, Monday to Friday), all concerns should be directed to the PALS & Complaints Team, on 0161 922 4466. Staff will agree a course of action with you and make a record of your concerns. An answer machine is available out of hours, if you wish to leave a message a PALS & Complaints Officer will return your call at the earliest opportunity or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you would like to voice your complaints and comments in writing, please use our form which can be downloaded
- More information about Patients Complaints, Concerns and Compliments can be found here
PALS, Complaints and Concerns survey
- If you have recently contacted the PALS and Complaints team and receive a response you can leave feedback and access our local survey through the link here
Online Appointment Cancellation Form
If you cannot attend an upcoming Outpatient appointment, you can now cancel your appointment by completing our Secure Outpatient Appointment Cancellation Form.
CQC Rating and Inspection
The CQC visited our hospital in April 2015 and reported on their findings in September 2015.
Friends and Family Test
Open and Honest Tameside
Our patient stories are important to us and we believe that feedback- both positive and negative- is essential to improving the care received by the patients and their families. Here are two patient stories. One story demonstrates where we communicated well and provided timely and compassionate, care and another where a previous negative experience influenced a point of view, but demonstrates our commitment to improvement.
Read the full story here.